Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ubuntu 8.04LTS Gvision J5PX Touchscreen Help

Beans

Re: Ubuntu 8.04LTS Gvision J5PX Touchscreen Help

Ohh.. I see your problem... I missed that. Now, I have the same problem. I can
    Code:
    make
    make install
    the calibrate function and it doesn't crash. It was segfaulting. I am now using Ubuntu 8.04 as you are and the input device seems to be recognized. There aren't any 'device not found' messages in the calibrate.log. I also notice that the input when catting /dev/ttyS1 is qualitatively different.

I think I'll try the 8.10 version tomorrow.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ihitf13anddied View Post
    Code:
    /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input$ ls
    evdev_drv.so  mouse_drv.so      tscom_drv.la  tscomxp_drv.la  vmmouse_drv.so
    kbd_drv.so    synaptics_drv.so  tscom_drv.so  tscomxp_drv.so  wacom_drv.so
    We see the drivers are there, but how do we know the right modules are being loaded? Should I see anything tscom when I lsmod or in /proc/modules?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Yes, I do believe you should see the modules loading. This is where I am at. There is something I am missing in my xorg config file that I cannot seem to figure out. So now I have the drivers installed, I'm getting output on ttyS1, but i cannot use it as a touchscreen yet. I am glad you were able to get the right glibc, i assume through package manager? If you have any ideas on the config please share them. I'm not sure what happened to rjgii, last time he posted he said he was on business for a few days, which if I am not mistaken was approx two weeks ago. He thought he had an answer for the config file, so we may need to wait for him to return.

Beans

Well, I just tried Fedora 9 because there was a walk through for it. The same results: when I go to calibrate it goes to the calibrate screen and nothing happens. Maybe you could send rjgii a message? (I haven't been on long enough to.)

He said he had messed around with the elo drivers. Maybe he found some configuration tips there that helped?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

any word on this yet? My touchscreen still stands untouchable...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123