Thread: OneNote-Like Program

Beans

OneNote-Like Program

I am a student, and I own a Lenovo X200 Tablet PC. I bought it so I could take it to school to take notes and do my assignments on, and in Vista I use OneNote.

Unlike most MS Software, I can honestly say that I am impressed by the Office 2007 Suite, which is really the only reason why I am still using Vista. I have had a complete failure in finding a software that was remotely close to OneNote, and it's really a piece of software I value.

I need a software that can store my WRITING as well as typed text. Create multiple notebooks, sections, etc. I don't want to waste the functionality of my tablet PC by switching to Ubuntu. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: OneNote-Like Program

Hi akimatsu123,

I like Xournal and I use CellWriter for "handwriting" recognition. There's a Java program similar to Xournal, I think its called Gournal that some like. Also there is a KDE program called Basket that is even more elaborate and a lot of folks like.

Edit: I don't want to mislead you. There isn't, as far as I know, a linux program that has all the features of One-Note. For example none of them, again as far as I know, have handwriting recognition.
    Last edited by Favux; January 21st, 2009 at 10:49 PM.