Thread: ASUS Zenbook 14 OLED (UX3405) -c ompatibility

Beans

ASUS Zenbook 14 OLED (UX3405) -c ompatibility

Hi, I wonder if this system is ready for Ubuntu? I know it's a new system, but its weaker brother is already on the market, and the system is the same apart from RAM and processor. Has anyone tried working with Ubuntu and how does it work?
    How does Intel Ultra work on Ubuntu?

I've been using various XPS systems for a long time and despite the fingerprint reader, everything has always worked well, but so far I've seen that Zenbook has major problems

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: ASUS Zenbook 14 OLED (UX3405) -c ompatibility

Try it. Does it work? This is why most Linux desktop distros have a "Try Ubuntu" option when we boot from a USB flash drive that has been prepared using a downloaded ISO file.

I have an old Asus (now it is old) that worked except the fingerprint reader. I wouldn't use a fingerprint reader for anything security related, but that's because those things are really NOT as secure as they claim to be. Plus, I'd rather keep my fingers if someone really wants access to the system. Use a yubikey for 2FA instead.

So ... try it. See what works and what doesn't. That's the only way.
    Last edited by TheFu; March 15th, 2024 at 02:21 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by TheFu View Post
    Try it. Does it work? This is why most Linux desktop distros have a "Try Ubuntu" option when we boot from a USB flash drive that has been prepared using a downloaded ISO file.

I have an old Asus (now it is old) that worked except the fingerprint reader. I wouldn't use a fingerprint reader for anything security related, but that's because those things are really as secure as they claim to be. Plus, I'd rather keep my fingers if someone really wants access to the system. Use a yubikey for 2FA instead.

So ... try it. See what works and what doesn't. That's the only way.
    Thanks for an answear, I understood that can try ubuntu but first I need to buy a device - so it would be easier if someone tried it before, but if has no other way, will try it and post here the results for other users ;]

Beans

How did it turn out? Any problems?