Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Configure X11 Driver with OpenGL

Beans

Re: Configure X11 Driver with OpenGL

Hi. Thanks for your guides. I have installed Planet Penguin Racer and the result was:
    Code:
    ario@ario-desktop:~$ ppracer
    PPRacer 0.3.1 --  http://racer.planetpenguin.de 
    (c) 2004-2005 The PPRacer team
    (c) 1999-2001 Jasmin F. Patry<jfpatry@sunspirestudios.com>
    PPRacer comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. This is free software,
    and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions.
    See http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html for details.

*** ppracer error: Couldn't initialize video: X11 driver not configured with OpenGL (Success)
    ario@ario-desktop:~$
    You see? Yet the damn X11 driver is not cofigured. I'm gonna die for this
    I think all of this games working with a thing called SDL. Should i reinstall SDL to resolve it?

Beans

From searching google, the consensus appears to be that this error is caused by libsdl not being properly configured (specifically, it's not compiled with support for opengl) or (less likely) missing a module or whatnot in xorg.conf. My money's on the former, and if we can't figure out what's missing, perhaps a simple correct compile will do.

According to this post translated via babelfish from italian to english, I can't tell for sure, but it appears someone got this fixed..

http://forum.ubuntu-it.org/index.php...523.msg1102186

it appears that this could possibly help, even though it's a problem trying to get Phun to work. I'm not sure which of these are unnecessary, but it couldn't hurt to use them all. The post is a little hard to understand, but I suppose it couldn't hurt to try, eh?

sudo apt-get install libsdl-image1.2 libsdl-mixer1.2 libsdl-net1.2 libglew1
    Last edited by FrozenFox; April 3rd, 2008 at 06:13 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

I just thought of something. You don't happen to have Xgl installed, do you? If by chance you do, remove it because you don't need it with nvidia, and it could cause this type of problem.
    Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You. - Dr. Seuss

Beans

Angry Re: Configure X11 Driver with OpenGL

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenFox View Post
    From searching google, the consensus appears to be that this error is caused by libsdl not being properly configured (specifically, it's not compiled with support for opengl) or (less likely) missing a module or whatnot in xorg.conf. My money's on the former, and if we can't figure out what's missing, perhaps a simple correct compile will do.

According to this post translated via babelfish from italian to english, I can't tell for sure, but it appears someone got this fixed..

http://forum.ubuntu-it.org/index.php...523.msg1102186

it appears that this could possibly help, even though it's a problem trying to get Phun to work. I'm not sure which of these are unnecessary, but it couldn't hurt to use them all. The post is a little hard to understand, but I suppose it couldn't hurt to try, eh?

sudo apt-get install libsdl-image1.2 libsdl-mixer1.2 libsdl-net1.2 libglew1
    I have read the google translation of that page carefully. I also reinstalled those sdl libraries for sdllib-image and libglew and etc by "sudo apt get" but no success. And guess what i find at the end of that page?

In summary:
    1) drivers and owners acc. 3D are activated.
    2) the "dependency" are fulfilled ..

I try to look for other possible solutions but I do not think I find nothing. My ideas are gone.
    Eheheh yes indeed everything seems ok and I do not know where his head slamming
    Thanks anyway aid and the time that I have dedicated Smiley
    It seems that no one has figured out this problem Should i install suse or fedora-core instead of my lovely Ubuntu? I think Bill gates stands over us and just giggling .
    By the way thank a lot all you guys for your helps and supports

Beans

If I were you, I'd try to install fresh from the Hardy beta cd first. If that still fails, then yeah, time to try something else.

Beans
    Distro

this error "X11 driver not configured with OpenGL" does not appear to be confined to Ubuntu and affects other distro's as well (ref: google) ,you may experience the same problem

If you have tried with the 169.12 driver under 7.10 without success then i'd go Hardy - but then im biased (its great!!!)
    Arch 2.6.28 on X86_64
    Hardy 2.6.24 on X86_64
    AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+
    Maxtor 6L160M0 (SATA) 160G ,NVIDIA G6200

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeHips View Post
    this error "X11 driver not configured with OpenGL" does not appear to be confined to Ubuntu and affects other distro's as well (ref: google) ,you may experience the same problem

If you have tried with the 169.12 driver under 7.10 without success then i'd go Hardy - but then im biased (its great!!!)
    Thank you.
    The 8.04 version will release 13 days from now. I'm expecting for its release to download it and test it on my computer.
    I hope this one works for me

Beans

Seven days to 8.04 to go
    I've solved my problem with ..... SDL
    I've found that this problem is caused by source of SDL not compiled with opengl. So Opengl is not enabled in sdl. So I've download sdl code from its website. followed its instructions and installed it step by step. Now My SDL is working like clock and i have found that Secret Maryo Cronicle is the very very best Super Mario Clone in the world.
    Now i have a new problem. My SDL Mixer library cant recognize ogg sound effects and music in secret maryo. its shows me Unrecognized Sound file error. I've found that i should compile it with Vorbis lib to recognize those type of files. But how should i do that?
    Thanks for your helps guys.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by ario View Post
    Seven days to 8.04 to go

Now i have a new problem........
    Good to hear you got it fixed + reckon you'll get a better response with a new thread for your "mixer" prob.
    Arch 2.6.28 on X86_64
    Hardy 2.6.24 on X86_64
    AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+
    Maxtor 6L160M0 (SATA) 160G ,NVIDIA G6200

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

I wish you could point me to the guide that taught you how to compile sdl, for I am having the same problem right now.

So, why don't you put the guide, and afterwards, mark the thread as solved?
    **America != USA | American != Usanian**
    Own a Dell XPS M1530? Join the group!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast